Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“Act”), I authorise the following person, for the purposes and the term, and on the conditions stated below, to have access to the names and addresses of persons:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle(s); and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to withhold their details.
Person: GO Rentals
- to obtain names and addresses of persons registered in respect of vehicles that have been involved in motor vehicle accidents with the authorised person’s clients;
- to obtain name and address details to assist in verifying that payment for claims are made to the owner of the vehicle; and
- for any other purpose that is reasonably required for the purpose of assessing or processing an insurance policy or claim in relation to a motor vehicle.
Term: for a period of 5 years commencing 15 February 2019 and ending at midnight on 15 February 2024.
- Names and addresses are accessed only by the authorised person on their own behalf and solely for their own use;
- names and addresses may only be accessed for a specified purpose consistent with the range of services offered by the authorised person;
- the fees charged for the provision of the names and addresses from the Motor Vehicle Register are duly paid;
- any instances of unauthorised access must immediately be notified to the Registrar of Motor Vehicles (currently the NZ Transport Agency), the Privacy Commissioner, and the individual(s) whose information has been accessed without authorisation or disclosed in breach of these conditions;
- before being permitted to access the Motor Vehicle Register, under section 241 of the Act, all staff must receive training that emphasises that such access must only be for a specified purpose, and refresher training of all staff must be undertaken at appropriate intervals (such as annually);
- access must be restricted solely to members of staff for whom authorised access is essential to achieving a specified purpose;
- the names and addresses obtained under this authorisation shall not be disclosed to any third party unless such disclosure is necessarily incidental to achieving a specified purpose;
- transaction records must be kept for a period of 12 months from the date on which an enquiry was made. Those records need to show date, plate number, and the purpose. Those records are to be provided to the NZ Transport Agency on request, to assist with any audit process; and
- the authorised person must comply with the terms and conditions of their chosen digital access provider.
Dated this 14th day of February 2019.
CHARLES RONALDSON, General Manager Operations, NZ Transport Agency.