Ministerial exemption: High Health Alliance Limited (NZBN: 9429041462553)
- As the Associate Minister of Justice, and pursuant to section 157 of the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 (“Act”), I exempt High Health Alliance Limited (HHA), from the following provisions of the Act:
- Sections 10–71 inclusive.
- This exemption is subject to the following condition:
- HHA must inform the Ministry of Justice of any changes to the business that may affect the exemption imposed by this written instrument within 14 days when the change affecting the exemption occurs.
- This exemption has been granted for the following reasons:
- The risk of money laundering and/or terrorist financing (ML/TF) associated with HHA’s activities is low;
- granting this exemption would have little to no impact on the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of ML/TF offences;
- HHA, in the absence of an exemption, would be subject to an undue regulatory burden; and
- granting this exemption is unlikely to affect third party reporting entities.
- This exemption came into force on the date signed below.
- This exemption will expire on 30 November 2022.
Any person wishing to provide comment on this notice should contact the Criminal Law Team at the Ministry of Justice by emailing email@example.com.
Dated this 8th day of May 2018.
Hon AUPITO WILLIAM SIO, Associate Minister of Justice.