Pursuant to section 5 of the Industry Training and Apprenticeships Act 1992, The Skills Organisation Incorporated is recognised as an industry training organisation for the following specified industries:
- Offender Management;
- Contact Centres;
- Emergency Services (specifically Ambulance);
- Fire and Rescue;
- Civil Defence and First Aid;
- Occupational Health and Safety;
- New Zealand Fire Service Commission and Fire Service;
- Financial Services (including Credit Management and Control);
- Real Estate (including Property Management and Body Corporate Services);
- Power Operated Elevating Platforms;
- Industrial Rope Access;
- Concrete Roofing, Tiling, Metal Roofing and Cladding Manufacturing industries;
- Local Government; and
- The Public Service as listed in the First Schedule to the State Sector Act 1988; other organisations defined as departments for the purposes of the Public Finance Act 1989; Offices of Parliament; Crown Entities defined as Crown Agents, Autonomous Crown Entities and Independent Crown Entities; and the State-owned Enterprises Quotable Value Limited and Assure Quality Limited (not including the animal products inspection industry).
Excluded from this coverage are:
- Crown Entities which are direct providers of health services (including hospitals, health boards etc.), or direct providers of education services (including schools and tertiary education institutions);
- Crown Research Institutes; and
- State-owned Enterprises and Crown Companies except as specified above.
The recognition takes effect from 1 December 2017.
Dated at Wellington this 9th day of November 2017.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Education.