Pursuant to sections 96B(3) and 141B of the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 (the Act), the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) gives notice that a Group Standard is amended.
N o t i c e
1. Title-(1) This notice is the Site and Storage Conditions for Aerosols Group Standard (Amendment) Notice 2013 and is part of the principal notice.
(2) In this notice, "principal notice" means the Hazardous Substances (Group Standards) Notice 2006 (Supplement to the New Zealand Gazette, 30 June 2006, No. 74, page 1889, Part 10, Site and Storage Conditions for Aerosols 2069).
2. Purpose-The purpose of the Site and Storage Conditions Group Standard (Amendment) Notice 2013 is to notify additional requirements that have been inserted into to the Site and Storage Conditions for Aerosols that enable the separation requirement to be less than three metres.
3. Commencement-The amendments referred to in this notice come into force 28 days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
4. Amendments to Group Standard-(1) This notice amends the principal notice by:
(a) deleting Part 2;
(b) amending the wording of clauses 25(1) and (2);
(c) adding clause 25(3) for hazardous substance locations holding up to and including 10,000 litres aggregate water capacity of flammable aerosols;
(d) adding clause 25(4) for hazardous substance locations holding more than 10,000 litres and up to and including 100,000 litres aggregate water capacity of flammable aerosols;
(e) adding clause 25(5) for hazardous substance locations holding more than 100,000 litres aggregate water capacity of flammable aerosols;
(f) adding clause 25(6) to recognise previous approvals under the Dangerous Goods (Class 2 Gases) Regulations for hazardous substance locations holding up to and including 10,000 litres aggregate water capacity of flammable aerosols;
(g) adding new definitions for fire resistance rating and NZS4541 and inserting the amended definition of area of high intensity land use to the Interpretation section of the Site and Storage conditions for Aerosols; and
(h) amending the following Group Standards that incorporate by reference the Site and Storage Conditions for Aerosols;
a. HSR002514 Corrosive aerosols
b. HSR002515 Flammable aerosols
c. HSR002516 Flammable Corrosive aerosols
d. HSR0021517 Flammable Toxic aerosols
e. HSR0021518 Non Hazardous aerosols
f. HSR002519 Subsidiary hazard aerosols
g. HSR0021520 Toxic (6.7) aerosols
h. HSR100628 Pheromones
i. HSR002552 Cosmetic products
j. HSR100575 Veterinary Medicines; Limited Pack
size, Finished Dose
k. HSR100758 Veterinary Medicines;
Non Dispersive, Closed System
l. HSR100759 Veterinary Medicines; Non
Dispersive, Open System
5. Availability-The full original Group Standard and amended Group Standard as well as Schedules and any information incorporated by reference may be:
(a) inspected free of charge during normal business hours at the EPA office; or
(b) purchased from the EPA; or
(c) viewed at www.epa.govt.nz
EPA Contact Details
215 Lambton Quay, Wellington 6011, or Private Bag
63002, Waterloo Quay, Wellington 6140. Telephone: (04) 916 2426. Facsimile: (04) 914 0433. Email: email@example.com
Dated at Wellington this 7th day of October 2013.
For and on behalf of the Environmental Protection Authority: