The Department of Building and Housing (DBH) consulted on a proposed Simple House Acceptable Solution (previously referred to as "Compliance Document for Simple Housing") in July 2008 by notice published in the New Zealand Gazette, 10 July 2008, No. 112, page 2927.
The proposal also included a number of documents that were proposed to be incorporated by reference.
In November 2009 DBH gave notice of additional documents proposed to be incorporated by reference in the proposed Simple House Acceptable Solution by notice published in the New Zealand Gazette, 26 November 2009, No. 171, page 4128.
Pursuant to section 409(2) of the Building Act 2004
("the Act"), I give further notice that the following material is proposed to be incorporated by reference into the proposed Simple House Acceptable Solution.
These documents are additional to that material already consulted on in July 2008 and November 2009.
New Material proposed to be incorporated by reference
- NZS 3622:2004 including Amendment 1
- NZS 5262:2003 including Amendment 1
- AS/NZS 1859.1:2002
- BRANZ Bulletin 330:1995 Thin flooring materials - Preparation and Laying
- BRANZ Evaluation Method EM1 Structural joints - Strength and stiffness evaluation
- Ministry of Health: 2005 Drinking Water Standards for New Zealand
Purchase of proposed material incorporated by reference
The materials proposed to be incorporated by reference described above may be purchased directly from the following sources:
- For all NZS and AS/NZS: Standards New Zealand, Radio New Zealand House, Level 10, 155 The Terrace, Wellington, or online at
- For all AS and AS/NZS: SAI Global Business Publishing, GPO Box 5420, Sydney, New South Wales 2001, Australia, or online at
- For BRANZ publications: BRANZ Bookshop online at
- For Ministry of Health publications, call to purchase on (04) 496 2277 or download for free online at
Copies of materials incorporated by reference are also available for purchase through the DBH National Office, Level 6, 86 Customhouse Quay, Wellington.
Viewing materials proposed to be incorporated by reference
Materials incorporated by reference are available for inspection free of charge until 18 March 2010 at the
DBH National Office, Level 6, 86 Customhouse Quay, Wellington, between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
I invite comment on the proposals contained in this notice by 18 March 2010.
All comments should be addressed to:
By post: DBH, PO Box 10729, Wellington 6143 - Attention: Simple House Acceptable Solution; or
By email: email@example.com with "Simple House Acceptable Solution" in the subject line; or
By facsimile: (04) 494 0290 with "Simple House Acceptable Solution" in the subject line.
Dated at Wellington this 23rd day of February 2010.
DAVID KELLY, Deputy Chief Executive, Department of Building and Housing.