Pursuant to section 11(3) of the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004, the Minister for Primary Industries, after complying with the requirements in section 11(4) of that Act, gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Settlement (Extension to Southland Negotiation Period) Notice 2015.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date of its notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation—In this notice:
- Act means the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004;
- Southland negotiation period means the period up to and including 27 March 2015 applying to the Southland region, being the period within two years of receipt of the first resource consent application in that region, referred to in section 11(2)(b)(ii) of the Act, within which the Crown must use its best endeavours to negotiate and enter into regional agreements that provide for the Crown to meet its obligations in respect of new space for that region;
- Region has the same meaning as in section 4 of the Act.
3. Extension to negotiation period—Under section 11(3) of the Act, the Southland negotiation period referred to in clause 2 of this notice is extended to 30 November 2015.
Dated at Wellington this 26th day of February 2015.
Hon NATHAN GUY, Minister for Primary Industries.