Under section 180 of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Karamea Area School (300) Board (“Board”).
1. The following functions, powers and duties of the Board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board to establish policies and procedures (whether statutory or otherwise).
2. The LSM may also advise the Board on:
- board communications (whether statutory or otherwise).
3. The Board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers, and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of publication.
Dated at Wellington this 5th day of April 2022.
NANCY BELL, Hautū | Deputy Secretary, Te Mahau | Te Tai Runga,Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education.