Notice of Direction for the Disposition of the Surplus Assets of a Dissolved Incorporated Society
Incorporated Society Number: 227049
Take notice that the Registrar of Incorporated Societies (“Registrar”) has, following the application of the society, under section 27(3) of the Incorporated Societies Act 1908, for surplus assets of the society which was dissolved by the Registrar on 17 June 2016, directs that:
- the society’s surplus assets being all funds in the society’s BNZ bank accounts, account numbers:
- 02-0910-00139-066; and
and any other bank accounts in the name of the society be vested in the following incorporated societies in unequal shares as recorded below:
- St Kilda Bowling Club Incorporated (226945) 15 shares acc. 000001 020910 002084400 57;
- Green Island Bowling Club Incorporated (227041) 1 share acc. 031727 002490500 50;
- North East Valley Bowling Club Incorporated (227053) 1 share acc. 020908 002664900 50;
- Roslyn Bowling Club Incorporated (226969) 1 share acc. 020900 007554200 50;
- The Balmacewen Bowling Club Incorporated (227050) 3 shares acc. 020900 0007953 00 50;
- Caversham Bowling Club Incorporated (1172345) 2 shares acc. 020910 000192600 50; and
- Forbury Park Bowling Club Incorporated (226812) 1 share acc. 031732 0078668 50.
Before these funds are transferred to the foregoing bank accounts, the Registrar directs that the society:
- Engage an accountant to prepare and complete all outstanding financial statements for the society;
- Engage an auditor to undertake an audit of the society’s financial statements up to the date of dissolution (together, “Accounting Work”);
- Provide all bank statements, receipts, financial records and other information to the accountant and auditor for the purpose of undertaking and completing the Accounting Work;
- Pay all debts, costs and liabilities in relation to the dissolution of the society;
- Pay to the former society President, M. J. Fitzgerald, the sum of $600 by way of reimbursement for payment of Wilkinson Rodgers Lawyers invoice dated 29 June 2020 for legal work undertaken for the society;
- Pay all debts, costs and liabilities of the society, including the costs of the Accounting Work and legal work undertaken by Wilkinson Rodgers Lawyers;
- Distribute the net balance in the shares recorded above to the foregoing bowling clubs; and
- Provide a copy of the society’s audited accounts and certified bank transfers of the funds to the other bowling clubs to the Registrar and as soon as practicable.
These directions shall become final on 19 May 2021. No appeal shall lie unless notice thereof is delivered before that date.
Dated this 14th day of April 2021.
MICHAEL BROSNAHAN, Assistant Registrar of Incorporated Societies.
Address for Delivery of Appeals: The Registrar of Incorporated Societies, Level 1, 162 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010.