Under sections 52(d) and 53(2) of the Biosecurity Act 1993, I give notice that:
- I permit any person to communicate, exhibit for sale, offer for sale, and sell tomato fruit harvested from the following addresses:
- 292 Harrisville Road, Tuakau, Auckland.
- 187 Mill Road, Bombay, Auckland.
- 221 Gun Club Road, Pukekohe, Auckland.
- The purpose of this permission is to enable the ordinary process of sale of tomato fruit that is, or may be, infected with pepino mosaic virus (PepMV), an unwanted organism under the Biosecurity Act 1993.
- PepMV is a disease affecting solanaceous plants, including tomatoes. The tomato fruit covered by this permission have been harvested in accordance with strict biosecurity controls, to minimise the risk of spread of PepMV to other plants. PepMV does not present any human or animal health risk.
- This notice is valid from the date of signing until it is revoked.
Dated at Wellington this 29th day of June 2021.
VERONICA HERRERA, Chief Technical Officer, Ministry for Primary Industries.