1. The Trustees of the Len Reynolds Trust (“Len Reynolds Trustees”) hereby give notice under section 36 of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957 that they have applied to the High Court at Hamilton for the approval of a scheme varying the Len Reynolds Trust (“Trust”). The application will be heard at 9.00am on 6 October 2021 at the Hamilton High Court.
2. The Len Reynolds Trustees are applying to replace the original Trust Deed with a modern Trust Deed, which:
- Expresses the Trust’s purpose in modern language;
- Adds items such as trustee duties/appointments, conflicts of interest and Trust Deed variations;
- Streamlines the AGM process.
3. The application is brought on the basis that the Trust purpose could be carried out or facilitated by extending or varying the powers of the Len Reynolds Trustees or by prescribing or varying the mode of administering the Trust.
4. Any person who wishes to oppose the proposed scheme must give notice of their intention to do so no later than seven days prior to the hearing, to:
- Registrar, High Court, Hamilton – firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Solicitors for the Len Reynolds Trustees – Daniel Shore and Ewen Macpherson of McCaw Lewis Limited – firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Attorney-General – C/ Vicki McCall, Crown Counsel – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dated this 1st day of September 2021.