- Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Prohibition of save and win-back approaches by losing retailers during trader ICP switch period) 2020 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 31 March 2020.
- The amendment makes changes to Parts 1 and 11 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to ban retailer-initiated saves and win-backs by a losing retailer until 180 days have elapsed after a customer has switched to a gaining retailer.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website: http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 18th day of February 2020.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair, Electricity Authority.