- Under section 38(3)(b), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Removal of Constrained on Compensation for Ramping down Generators) 2020 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 26 March 2020.
- The amendment adds a new clause to Part 13 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”). The new clause prohibits the clearing manager from paying constrained on compensation to a generator in respect of the generator's generating units when they are ramping down at their maximum ramp down rate.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website at www.ea.govt.nz/act-code-regs/code-regs/
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 17th day of February 2020.
THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair, Electricity Authority.