- Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010, and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Default Distributor Agreement) 2020 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 20 July 2020.
- The amendment makes changes to Parts 1, 11, 12A, and 14 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to:
- require distributors and traders trading on a distributor’s network to comply with specified requirements when entering into a distributor agreement;
- require distributors to have a default distributor agreement; and
- introduce a default distributor agreement template, and default agreements relating to distributions on behalf of a distributor, the provision of trust and co-operative company information, and the provision of consumption data.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 8th day of June 2020.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair, Electricity Authority.