Pursuant to section 11(3) of the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004 (“Act”), the Minister of Fisheries, after complying with the requirements in section 11(4) of the Act, gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement
(1) This notice may be cited as the Māori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement (Extension to Bay of Plenty Negotiation Period) Notice 2019.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date of its notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
In this notice:
- Act means the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004.
- Bay of Plenty region negotiation period means the period provided for in section 11(2)(b)(ii) of the Act, being within two years of receipt of the first resource consent application in that region within which the Crown must use its best endeavours to negotiate and enter into regional agreements that provide for the Crown to meet its obligations in respect of new space for that region.
- Region has the same meaning as in section 4 of the Act.
3. Extension to negotiation period
The Bay of Plenty negotiation period is extended to 30 June 2021.
Dated at Wellington this 9th day of December 2019.
Hon STUART NASH, Minister of Fisheries.