Under section 78M(6) of the Education Act 1989, the notice (as published in the New Zealand Gazette, 29 June 2017, Notice No. 2017-go3147) directing the Secretary for Education to appoint a limited statutory manager for the James Cook High School Board of Trustees is amended by vesting the following functions, powers and duties of the board in the limited statutory manager.
- The following functions, powers and duties of the board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise);
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board (whether statutory or otherwise) to develop and implement an action plan to address the recommendations and compliance issues identified in the 15 May 2017 Education Review Office Report and
- The functions, powers and duties of the Board (whether statutory or otherwise) to review health and safety policies, systems and processes for managing student behaviour, student safety, and the provision of Education Outside the Classroom (EOTC).
- The Board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on 1 January 2020.
Dated at Wellington this 26th day of November 2019.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.