Under section 78M(6) of the Education Act 1989, the notice (as published in the New Zealand Gazette, 11 December 2018, Notice No. 2018-go6280) directing the Secretary for Education to appoint a limited statutory manager for the Ashbrook School Board of Trustees is amended by replacing all of paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of the notice with the following:
- The following functions, powers and duties of the Board are to be vested in a limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise);
- all functions, powers and duties of the board in curriculum management including teaching and assessment practice (whether statutory or otherwise);
- all functions, powers and duties of the board to manage financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The board will retain its primary duty of care as the person conducting a business or undertaking under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers and duties of the limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of publication.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of April 2019.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.