Pursuant to clause 18 of Schedule 1 of the Education Act 1989 (“Act”), the Minister of Education gives the following notice.
- This notice may be cited as the Constitution of the Southern Institute of Technology Council Notice 2019.
- This notice comes into force on 24 October 2019.
- From 24 October 2019, the Council of the Southern Institute of Technology comprises ten members.
- The Southern Institute of Technology Council shall be constituted as follows:
- Four members appointed by the Minister of Education; and
- Six members are appointed by the Council, of whom:
- one person is a permanent member of the general or teaching staff who has been elected by the permanent general and teaching staff to represent them; and
- one person is a student who is enrolled at Southern Institute of Technology and who has been elected by the student body to represent them.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the Education Act 1989 and the Council’s Statute.
Dated at Wellington this 24th day of September 2019.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Education.