- Under section 38(3)(b) and section 39(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Revocation of Requirement to Provide Daily Situation Report) 2019 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 19 September 2019.
- The amendment is made under section 39(3)(b) of the Act, as there is widespread support for the amendment among the people likely to be affected by it.
- The amendment revokes clause 13.216 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”), which requires the pricing manager to provide a daily situation report to the Authority.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code are available on the Authority’s website at https://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 19th day of August 2019.
THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair, Electricity Authority.