Under section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 280 (Norske Skog Tasman Limited)) Exemption Notice 2019.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
(1) Norske Skog Tasman Limited (“Norske Skog”) is exempted from complying with the obligations in clauses 11.10, 15.37A, and 15.38(1) of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to have regular distributor and reconciliation participant audits and obtain certification as a reconciliation participant.
(2) This exemption applies only in respect of ICP identifiers 000001000SK37A and 000009000SKE7A.
This exemption expires on 27 June 2029.
4. Reasons for granting the exemption
The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- it will allow Norske Skog to continue operating its network efficiently, with no unnecessary additional cost for its consumers;
- it will reduce Norske Skog’s compliance costs without any negative impact;
- it is a temporary measure until the Authority investigates a Code amendment;
- it will not negatively impact other consumers, participants, or service providers; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 27th day of June 2019.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
SUSAN PATERSON, onzm, Member, Electricity Authority.