Pursuant to clause 18 of Schedule 1 of the Education Act 1989 (“Act”), the Minister of Education gives the following notice.
- This notice may be cited as the Constitution of the Waikato Institute of Technology Council Notice 2019.
- This notice comes into force on 24 October 2019.
- From 24 October 2019, the Council of Waikato Institute of Technology comprises ten members.
- The Council will be constituted as follows:
- Four members appointed by the Minister of Education and
- Six members appointed by the Council, of whom
- at least one member appointed by the Council will be a permanent member of the general or teaching staff who has been elected by the permanent general and teaching staff to represent them, and
- one member will be an enrolled student who has been elected by the student body to represent them.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the Education Act 1989 and the Waikato Institute of Technology – Appointment of Council Members’ Statute in force at the time.
- All Council members have the responsibility to govern in the best interests of the institution and according to the agreed Waikato Institute of Technology – Appointment of Council Members’ Statute.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of June 2019.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Education.