Acceptable Solution Proposed to be Issued
Pursuant to section 29 of the Building Act 2004 (“Act”), I give notice that the following Acceptable Solution for New Zealand Building Code Clauses C1–C6 Protection from Fire is proposed to be issued:
- Acceptable Solution for all Buildings other than Risk Group SH
Acceptable Solutions Proposed to be Revoked
Pursuant to section 29 of the Act, I give notice that the following Acceptable Solutions for New Zealand Building Code Clauses C1–C6 Protection from Fire are proposed to be revoked and to cease having legal effect:
- C/AS2 Acceptable Solution for Buildings with Sleeping (non institutional) (Risk Group SM)
- C/AS3 Acceptable Solution for Buildings where Care or Detention is provided (Risk Group SI)
- C/AS4 Acceptable Solution for Buildings with Public Access and Educational Facilities (Risk Group CA)
- C/AS5 Acceptable Solution for Buildings used for Business, Commercial and Low Level Storage (Risk Group WB)
- C/AS6 Acceptable Solution for Buildings used for High Level Storage and Other High Risk Purposes (Risk Group WS)
- C/AS7 Acceptable Solution for Buildings used for Vehicle Storage and Parking (Risk Group VP)
Copies and Viewing of the Proposal for the New Acceptable Solution
The proposal for the new Acceptable Solution and the material incorporated by reference in the new Acceptable Solution can be downloaded free of charge from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (“MBIE”) website: http://www.mbie.govt.nz/info-services/building-construction/consultations/new-edition-cas2.
The proposal is also available from the Wellington office of the Ministry at 15 Stout Street, Wellington, between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Purchase of Material Incorporated by Reference
The material incorporated by reference described above may be purchased directly from Standards New Zealand, MBIE, 15 Stout Street, Wellington 6011, or online at: www.standards.govt.nz.
Hard copies of standards are not kept in stock for sale but may be ordered by following the directions online or by visiting MBIE’s Wellington office.
Viewing Material Incorporated by Reference
Material incorporated by reference is available for inspection free of charge at MBIE’s Wellington office, between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
To make an appointment to view material incorporated by reference, call 0800 242 243.
I invite comment on the proposals contained in this notice by 30 November 2018. Comments can be made in the following ways:
- Online submission at: http://www.mbie.govt.nz/info-services/building-construction/consultations/new-edition-cas2; or
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Consultation – Amendments to Acceptable Solution for Protection from Fire C/AS2 2018” in the subject line; or
- By courier or post to: Consultation – Amendments to Acceptable Solution for Protection from Fire C/AS2 2018, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, 15 Stout Street (PO Box 1473), Wellington 6140. Attention: Dave Robson.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of September 2018.
ANNA BUTLER, General Manager, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.