Pursuant to section 159J(3A) of the Education Act 1989 and section 112 of the Crown Entities Act 2004, I direct the Tertiary Education Commission (“Commission”) to undertake an additional function, consistent with the Commission’s objectives:
Objective of direction
- The objective of the direction is to ensure continuity of the professional support and workshops for careers influencers in schools function of the Commission in 2018.
- The Commission must give effect to this direction from 1 January 2018 until 31 December 2018.
- Since 1 July 2017, the Commission has been providing the professional support and workshops for careers influencers in schools function, for the six month transition period following the integration of Careers New Zealand into the Commission.
- On 1 January 2018, the Commission will adopt its new, more focused careers functions: the provision of careers information and strengthening connections between education and employment.
Functions of the Commission
- I direct the Commission to continue to provide the professional support and workshops for careers influencers in schools function for an additional period of time to ensure continuity of service of this function in 2018.
- The focus of this function is delivering workshops and programmes that equip schools with career development resources, digital tools and information, and the knowledge to use them.
Dated this 21st day of December 2017.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Education.