Under section 78M of the Education Act 1989, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Wairarapa College (241) Board of Trustees.
- The following functions, powers and duties of the board are to be vested in a limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers and duties of the board to manage financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise).
- A limited statutory manager must also advise the board on the following matters:
- Board operation and management.
- The board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers and duties of this limited statutory manager.
- The limited statutory manager will take office immediately following the term of the current commissioner.
Dated at Wellington this 10th day of October 2017.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.