Notice of Election by Public Trust to Become Manager
Under Part VII of the Public Trust Act 2001
- Walter Nixon and William Hunter Barrett (“owners”) are the registered owners of the property mentioned in the Schedule hereto.
- Public Trust has been informed and believes after due enquiry that the owners of the property are deceased.
- After due enquiry Public Trust does not know whether the owners of the property have any agent or administrator in New Zealand with authority to take possession of and administer the property, or where the agent or administrator is, or whether the agent or administrator is alive or dead.
- The gross value of the property (as estimated by Public Trust) does not exceed $40,000.00.
- Public Trust is satisfied that it is advisable in the interests of another person that Public Trust elects to be the manager of the property under Part VII of the Public Trust Act 2001.
- Public Trust has advertised its intention to elect to be the manager of the property in the 16 August 2017 edition of The Ensign, which is a newspaper circulating in the locality where the property is situated and believed by Public Trust to be an appropriate advertising medium.
Now, therefore, Public Trust, in exercise of the authority conferred on it by section 101(1) of the Public Trust Act 2001, hereby elects to be manager of the property under Part VII of the Act.
The parcel of land contained in Town Section 1 Block X Town of Mataura (“property”) and being the land contained in Certificate of Title SL35/95 (Southland Land Registry). The piece of land is located at 127 Main Street, Mataura.
Dated at Lower Hutt this 21st day of August 2017.
Signed on behalf of Public Trust by an authorised signatory:
HAYLEY JADE FURNEAUX, Senior Trust Officer, Public Trust Lower Hutt.