Pursuant to section 11 of the Fisheries Act 1996, the Minister for Primary Industries, after having regard to the matters specified in sections 5, 9, 10, 11, and 12, gives the following notice.
1. Title—This notice is the Fisheries (Mapoutahi Peninsula Paua Harvest Closure) Notice 2016.
2. Interpretation—In this notice:
Paua means any shellfish of the species Haliotis iris and Haliotis australis.
Mapoutahi Peninsula area means the area:
- commencing at a point on the mean high-water mark (at 45°44.137′S and 170°36.939′E);
- then proceeding north-west to a point 100m offshore (at 45°44.068′S and 170°36.881′E);
- then proceeding generally east then west around the Mapoutahi Peninsula along a line every point of which is 100m from the mean high-water mark to a point offshore that is 100m south-east of the mean high-water mark (at 45°44.200′S and 170°37.060′E);
- then proceeding north-west to a point (at 45°44.173′S and 170°36.970′E); and
- then proceeding generally east then west along the mean high-water mark around the Mapoutahi Peninsula to the point of commencement.
3. Commencement—This notice comes into force on 29 September 2016.
4. Mapoutahi Peninsula closed for the taking of paua—A person must not take paua from the Mapoutahi Peninsula, or possess paua taken from the Mapoutahi Peninsula, while this notice is in force.
Dated at Wellington this 25th day of August 2016.
Hon NATHAN GUY, Minister for Primary Industries.