Pursuant to sections 130(1) and 131 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003, the following notice is given.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Nurses (Fees) Notice 1 July 2015.
(2) The fees come into force from 1 July 2015 as specified.
(3) This notice revokes the fees in the notice published in the New Zealand Gazette, 14 August 2014, No. 91, page 2616 and the notice published in error in the New Zealand Gazette, 16 April 2015, Notice No. 2015-gs2171 on the date from which they are effective.
2. Fees—The Nursing Council of New Zealand (“the council”) sets the following fees, payable to the council, specified in the Schedule to this notice. All fees charged by the council are non-refundable.
3. Tax—The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
4. Purpose—The Schedule to this notice sets out the fees that the council has determined must be paid for the services outlined. This notice clarifies disciplinary levies charged as part of the fee for Annual and Interim Practising Certificates.
|A.||ANNUAL AND INTERIM PRACTISING CERTIFICATES (including disciplinary levy):|
|12 months (includes $10.00 disciplinary levy)||110.00||1 July 2011|
|3 months or any part thereof (includes $2.50 disciplinary levy)||27.50||1 July 2011|
|6 months or any part thereof (includes $5.00 disciplinary levy)||55.00||1 July 2011|
|9 months or any part thereof (includes $7.50 disciplinary levy)||82.50||1 July 2011|
|B.||REGISTRATION FEES: For applicants qualified in New Zealand:|
|Registration as registered nurse or enrolled nurse||75.00||1 January 2012|
|Application for registration as nurse practitioner (including prescribing)||1,500.00||1 April 2012|
|Nurse Practitioner prescribing authorisation||1,000.00||1 April 2012|
|Restoration of name to the Register following cancellation of registration under Part 4 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 or Part IV of the Nurses Act 1977||3,000.00||1 July 2011|
|Additions to Register (including authorisations)||70.00||1 July 2011|
|Application for change of condition in scope of practice||200.00||1 July 2011|
|C.||REGISTRATION FEES: For applicants qualified overseas:|
|Application and processing fee for application for registration||650.00||1 July 2015|
|Application and processing fee for application for registration (under the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997)||340.00||1 July 2015|
|D.||PROVISION OF INFORMATION ON REGISTER:|
|Inspection of the Register (search fee)||70.00||1 July 2011|
|Replacement registration practising certificate||70.00||1 July 2011|
|Verification of education programme||70.00||1 July 2011|
|Verification of New Zealand registration||70.00||1 July 2011|
|E.||OTHER FEES (REGISTRATION):|
|Medal replacement – registered and/or enrolled nurse||70.00||1 July 2011|
|Medal new graduate – registered nurse||26.00||1 July 2011|
|Medal new graduate – enrolled nurse||17.00||1 July 2011|
|Return of original documents (courier) at applicants expense||At cost||1 July 2015|
|Registered nurse and enrolled nurse (includes New Zealand registration fee)||240.00||1 January 2012|
|Mental health nurse||51.00||1 January 2012|
|Fees for late transcripts||102.00||1 January 2012|
|Analysis of failed examination||79.00||1 January 2012|
|Extension of time||10.00||1 January 2012|
|G.||FEES FOR EDUCATION PROGRAMMES:|
|Accreditation or monitoring audit of nurse entry to practise programme||2,780.00||1 April 2011|
|Accreditation or monitoring audit of post-graduate nursing programme||13,900.00||1 January 2014|
|Accreditation or monitoring audit of programme leading to registration as a registered nurse||13,900.00||1 January 2014|
|Accreditation or monitoring audit of enrolled nurse programme||8,700.00||1 January 2014|
|Accreditation or monitoring audit of competence assessment programme||3,000.00||1 April 2011|
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of April 2015.
CAROLYN REED, Registrar, Nursing Council of New Zealand.