Pursuant to section 14 of the Fisheries Act 1996, the Minister for Primary Industries, after having regard to the matters specified in that section, gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title-This notice may be cited as the Fisheries (Southern Bluefin Tuna Total Allowable Catch) Notice 2013.
2. Commencement-This notice shall come into effect the day after the date of its notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
3. Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery defined-The Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery quota management area is the area defined in the Schedule to the Fisheries (Declaration of New Stocks Subject to Quota Management System) Notice (No 3) 2003 (SR 2003/303).
4. Total allowable catch for the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery increased for 2013-2014 fishing year-The total allowable catch for the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery for the 2013-2014 fishing year is increased from 830 to 910 tonnes greenweight in accordance with section 14(6) of the Fisheries Act 1996.
5. Total allowable catch for the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery reverts-At the close of the 2013-2014 fishing year (30 September 2014), the total allowable catch for the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery reverts back to the total allowable catch that applied at the beginning of that fishing year in accordance with section 14(7) of the Fisheries Act 1996.
Dated at Wellington this 15th day of December 2013.
HON NATHAN GUY, Minister for Primary Industries.