Pursuant to sections 142 and 143 of the Plumbers, Gasfitters, and Drainlayers Act 2006, the following notice is given.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board (Fees) Amendment Notice (No. 2) 2007 and should be read in conjunction with the notices published in the New Zealand Gazette, 18 December 2003, No. 173, page 4790 and
New Zealand Gazette, 16 December 2004, No. 166, page 4177.
(2) This notice comes into force on 1 April 2007.
2. Fees—Pursuant to sections 142(1)(a),(b),(d),(e) and 143 of the Plumbers, Gasfitters, and Drainlayers Act 2006
(“the Act”), the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board sets the following fees, payable to the board, specified in the attached Schedule.
3. Tax—The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
Fees Payable to the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board (under the former Plumbers, Gasfitters, and Drainlayers Act 1976)1
A. Registration Fees $
Fees to accompany applications for registration:
Fee for application for registration as a plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer 85.00
Fee for application for registration as a craftsman plumber or craftsman gasfitter 85.00
Fee for restoration of a person’s name to the Register 85.00
Fee on application for a reciprocity certificate (section 64) 75.00
Assessment of application for person covered by the Australian New Zealand Reciprocity Association Agreement (“ANZRA”) 400.00
B. Licence Fees
Fees for issue of an annual licence:2
Fee for the issue of a provisional licence (section 37) 85.00
Fee for the issue of renewal of limited certificate for each trade (section 38) 85.00
Fee for application for an exemption (section 53(1)) 95.00
Fee for application for an exemption (section 57 (1)) 500.00
Assessment of application for person seeking an exemption under section 57(1) 625.00
C. Disciplinary Levy3
Base levy for 12 months for each limited certificate held 15.00
Key to Annotations
1Fee not refundable if application declined.
2The fees are increased as follows:
– Registration as a plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer, or craftsman plumber or craftsman gasfitter, from $75.00 to $85.00;
– Restoration to the register, from $75.00 to $85.00;
– Reciprocity certificate, from $50.00 to $75.00;
– ANZRA assessment, from $300.00 to $400.00;
– Provisional licence, from $75.00 to $85.00;
– Renewal of limited certificate, from $75.00 to $85.00;
– Section 53(1) exemption, from $75.00 to $95.00;
– Section 57(1) renewal of exemption, from $400.00 to $500.00; and
– Assessment of application for section 57(1) exemption, from $500.00 to $625.00.
3Limited certificate fee(s) including disciplinary levy are to be collected concurrently for those who are not undertaking an apprenticeship.
Dated at Wellington this 27th day of February 2007.
P. W. ROUTHAN, Registrar and Chief Executive Officer, Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board.