Pursuant to Regulation 6 of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999, I, J. M. Chetwin, Chief Executive, Department of Labour, in exercise of those powers vested in me by section 34 of the State Sector Act 1988, hereby exempt the following equipment fitted to heavy commercial vehicles from all of these regulations except for Regulation 10 (1):
1. Air suspension systems.
2. Air assisted clutch systems.
3. Air horn systems.
4. Air operated locks on turntable bases.
5. Air operated securing locks used to positively lock equipment.
6. Hydraulic hoists used in tipping bodies.
7. Hydraulic or pneumatic operated lifting platforms.
8. Pneumatically operated doors on buses.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of December 2000.
J. M. CHETWIN, Chief Executive.