Maree Zinzley, Manager Approvals Operations of the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), acting under delegated authority from the Director-General of MPI, gives notice, under section 14(1) of the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 (“Act”), that the following application has been made to register a trade name product under section 9(1) of the Act:
Trade Name: Velactis Injection
Active Ingredients and Concentrations:
Dimethyl sulfoxide 30mg/mL
Formulation Type: Endocrine agent (non-hormone)
General Use Claim:
Solution for injection for cattle. For use in the drying-off period to decrease milk production, decrease milk leakage and reduce the incidence of pain and discomfort due to udder engorgement.
Any person may make a written submission to the director-general concerning this application.
Under sections 16 and 17 of the Act, a written submission:
- must state in full the reasons for making the submission; and
- may state any decision sought on that application; and
- must be received by the director-general no later than 30 working days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
Under section 18 of the Act, a copy of every submission will be forwarded to the applicant for the applicant’s information.
The following address is:
- where submissions on this application are to be sent; and
- where requests for copies of the public information relating to the application can be sent; and
- where public information relating to the application can be viewed; and
- the director-general’s address for service:
ACVM Group, Ministry for Primary Industries, Pastoral House, 25 The Terrace, Wellington 6011. Postal Address: PO Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
The applicant’s address for service is:
Ceva Animal Health, PO Box 201156, Auckland International Airport, Mangere, Auckland.
Pursuant to section 15 of the Interpretation Act 1999, the Notice of Application to Register a Trade Name Product (Notice No. MPI 646) published in the New Zealand Gazette, 7 July 2016, Issue No. 61, Notice No. 2016-go 3918, is revoked and replaced with this notice.
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of July 2016.
MAREE ZINZLEY, Manager Approvals Operations, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).
This notice revokes and replaces the Notice of Application to Register a Trade Name Product (Notice No. MPI 646) to replace the word “hormone” with “non-hormone” under the Formulation Type.