Maree Zinzley, Manager Approvals Operations of the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), acting under delegated authority from the Director-General of MPI, gives notice, under section 14(1) of the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 (“Act”), that the following application has been made to register a trade name product under section 9(1) of the Act:
Trade Name: Izovac IB
Active Ingredient and Concentration:
Inactivated Infectious Bronchitis virus, strain Massachusetts M41≥64 U. HI (Haemagglutination units)
Formulation Type: Oily suspension (oil emulsion)
General Use Claim:
For the active immunisation of breeders and layers against Infectious Bronchitis. Priming vaccination with a live IB vaccine is recommended. This inactivated IB vaccine administered at 16 weeks provides long-term immunity and ensures transfer of MDA to progeny.
Any person may make a written submission to the director-general concerning this application.
Under sections 16 and 17 of the Act, a written submission:
- must state in full the reasons for making the submission; and
- may state any decision sought on that application; and
- must be received by the director-general no later than 30 working days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
Under section 18 of the Act, a copy of every submission will be forwarded to the applicant for the applicant’s information.
The following address is:
- where submissions on this application are to be sent; and
- where requests for copies of the public information relating to the application can be sent; and
- where public information relating to the application can be viewed; and
- the director-general’s address for service:
ACVM Group, Ministry for Primary Industries, Pastoral House, 25 The Terrace, Wellington 6011. Postal Address: PO Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
The applicant’s address for service is:
Pacificvet Limited, 3 Hickory Place, Islington, Christchurch. Postal Address: PO Box 16129, Christchurch 8441.
The Notice of Application to Register a Trade Name Product (Notice No. MPI 614), published in the New Zealand Gazette, 7 April 2016, Issue No. 29, Notice No. 2016-go1928, is revoked.
Dated at Wellington this 20th day of April 2016.
MAREE ZINZLEY, Manager Approvals Operations, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).
Explanatory note: This notice revokes and replaces the Notice of Application to Register a Trade Name Product (Notice No. MPI 614) to correct an error relating to the General Use Claim.